Clutch Installation and Adjustment

Steve Baune sbaune@attbi.com
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 23:43:51 -0500

Last week the release lever on the tranny broke, it's a long story but I
couldn't get a new one so the old one was welded. It appears to be in the
correct position but we can't be sure. Since it was all apart I installed a
new ACT clutch and Fadanza flywheel. I'm now having trouble adjusting the
clutch cable. I have the small lock screw adjusted all the way in and the
pedal doesn't start to engage until its about 1 1/2 inch off the floor, then
doesn't come back up.

My questions are, could the clutch disk be installed backwards? we installed
it with the thicker side towards the pressure plate. or could the cable have
stretched? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks,
Steve Baune