Car won't start after cam install.

SeattleSER@aol.com SeattleSER@aol.com
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 16:26:53 -0500

Car: 97 SE-R w/ BBDET

Installed JWT S4 cams and JWT adj. cam sprockets. And now car won't start.

Turning key makes the starter turn and i don't hear any bad noises, crank
just turns but doesn't start.

Plugs are covered in gas which leads me to believe the car isn't getting
spark. During cam install i didn't remove the distributor but I did turn the
'key' on the distributor a lil bit to align it and install the exhaust cam.

Perhaps i've skipped a tooth or two on the crank. But would it cause my car
to not start? I would think that the car would start, it would just not run
optimally.

I'm fairly certain that my problem is ignition related. What are some things
i can do or check to see if this is my problem?

Nollan
97 SE-R
92 PS13