Alternator Q's

Louis Rosanova Louis Rosanova" <lrosanova@rogers.com
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:10:39 -0500

My alternator recently took a shit, and im replacing it.  The question I have
is that the threads that holds the pulley to the alternator can slide in and
out (slightly).  Btw this is with the pulley off.  I told the guy and he said
that the pulley locates it.  Is this true.  I decided just to have my
alternator rebuilt but I still want to make sure.  Thanks!

BTW the alternator was only pushing 35 amps.  The mech said that you would
still be able to run the car, but I figured that the reason my car died was a
combo of both the battery and alt.

Louis Rosanova
95 200sx SE-R