Turbonium?

Robert W. Rood rwrood@yahoo.com
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 12:03:16 -0500

> What does a good turbo set-up cost?

A ton, and that's not just the turbo kit itself.
It's all of the incidentals (upgraded clutch,
pressure plates, transmission upgrades), too.
Quite frankly, the process I've gone through has
been a tumultuous one - complete with numerous
unexpected problems/delays and their added
expenses. Then you wonder how long the car - a
car with over 2.5 times the horsepower it was
designed for - is going to last. And consider
this: what are you going to do when you hit a
deer on the freeway (or worse) and your insurance
carrier gives you the Bluebook value (not much on
a 1994 Sentra) as a payoff? I mean, the damn
turbo kit/goodies has been an $8000 investment
and I won't see a nickel of it if something goes
wrong.

So what did I do? I bought another car (a VW GTI
1.8t) to take my mind off of it. ;-)

Yep...life is good.

Regards,

Rob