Tranny Upgrade Survey

Erik Halvorson hammer_down@hotmail.com
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:27:54 -0500

Heh heh heh, I agree with you on the wrong drive.  I would have rather of
built a 240SX/Silvia after I added up the $ I spent getting the SE-R up to
snuff.  My chassis had 180k on it when I did the DET swap so I bought a
bunch of new accessories and upgraded the brakes, redid the WHOLE suspension
(no after market Anti-sways or strut tower braces yet).  I also have to buy
new axles and a low mileage transmission.  I easily have $8k into the car
now and it still doesn't have a FMIC nor upgraded exhaust (No, GJY, I still
haven't installed the down pipe yet...sorry, but I will soon)and also has
stock wheels and obviously 14" tires.  Everyday I drive to work on a bypass
freeway that has a couple of stoplights on it and nearly once a week I get
someone to play with.  My car definitely isn't a "drag car" but still fairly
zippy.  I try not to exceed the limit by too much.  Anyway the other day I
had the opportunity to face off against a 1st generation M3...  you no,
light weight (for a BMW 3 series anyway) 200hp 2 liter, 15 inch wheels.
Well, he started rolling just befroe the light changed and chirped the tires
at the green so I knew we were on.  I had him in my Rearview before 60mph
which was the speed limit...   Heh heh heh.  I backed out of it he kept
going...   Anyway, I would be more apt to spend the $ on my enduro kart and
racing that than on my daily driver SE-R.  $3500 could buy me a whole season
of racing on the BIG tracks and include a trip to either Searspoint or Road
America to race there.   Ooooooh, can you picture yourself at 120mph flat on
your back-side in an enduro kart?  I sure can.  If you don't know what an
enduro kart is check out this picture on my cardomain page:

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=211241&make_type_query=make%3DNissan&model_brand_query=model%3DSE-R&tree=Nissan%20SE-R