Exhaust manifold problem SOLVED!

Ray Sta.Juana raystajuana@hotmail.com
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 15:58:20 -0500

Thank you very much to all those who replied to my post. I was able to get a
manifold from Tom Paule (great guy BTW) and had his help installing it.
Turns out not only did I have a crack in the primary manifold, the secondary
had broken clean off the weld where it bends back to the rear of the car! It
could have been from rust(east coast car for 3yrs) or me bottoming out or
both. Luckily, Tom had an old one lying around somewhere and I was able to
get it all done this Sun.

I have another problem though, my catalytic converter looked shot according
to Tom, so can I just get one from any Sentra or 200SX or does it have to be
a SE-R? I'm surprised cuz I only have 90K on the car with no engine mods.
Too bad Tom didn't have a spare one of those too :)

Anyways, again thanks to Tom and CAG and all who posted for making this
potentially stressful and $$$ problem into something I can handle. Happy
motoring:)

Ray
98 Sentra SE
San Bernardino CA