B13 parts prices soaring

Maurice Hilarius maurice@harddata.com
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:02:11 -0500

Where you said:

>From: Cameron Cavers <cameron@ualberta.net>
>Subject: Re: B13 parts prices soaring

>Edwen, NX 2000 wrote:
> > >IIRC, Cameron said every 2 years and when your car hits 10 years old then
> > >it becomes an anually thing.

><<snippage>>

>Now it's just every two years for the life of the car... and generally, if
>an older car doesn't pass, people just throw it away (you can't usually even
>sell cars older than 10 years, unless it's something really popular like an
>old Skyline or AE86)

A LOT of the Japanese cars get exported, mainly to Australia, Singapore,
and Hong Kong.
There  are companies who advertise in Tokyo to buy your used car.
They then export them.
Due to the strict regulations in Japan, these cars are known to be usually
well kept and maintained, and attract a lot of interest, especially in
Australia and New Zealand.

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice@harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3

Ask me about the UP1500 Alpha - Full systems from $3,500!