Derek Young?

James McColl jcmccoll@globalserve.net
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 07:32:49 -0500

Alex wrote:
> i was watching battle bots on comedy central this morning, and there was a
> piece on a guy named derek young from good old canada.  anyway, they where
> showing his drive down, and guess what...dudes got a black NX :-)  had rims
> to!  Derek, you on this list?  his robot kicked ass to.. :-)

He's in BC, and he's a lurker on the Canadian SE-R List, and dammit, he
liked the look of my rims, so he bought knockoff Volk TE37s :-)

Excellent day yesterday, spent at Mosport with Jim Schumacher and Randy
Ames, took several video clips of Jim running his SR20VE Classic.
Especially great one of him blowing past some BMWs :-)

Afternoon/evening was spent at Shannonville, Long Track.  I blew my engine
on the Long Track on the 24th in my NX2000 (I'm dropping in a DET), so I ran
my dad's 1995 240sx.  Tons o'fun hanging the back end out :-)

The guys from Kingston Nissan were racing during the day there with the
NX2000 race car, so we hung out with them too.  Great guys.  Awesome car.
Can't wait until the GTiR engine goes in.

I'll post the URL for pics of everything, and the videos when they're up, if
anyone's interested.

James McColl
Toronto > moving to Kingston

P.S. I'm the list owner of the Canadian SE-R List.  Email me if you're
interested,  use sp_250@hotmail.com  My globalserve account will be toast
soon (August 2002).