installing hid's on 240

Enoch Chow exc8636@njit.edu
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 22:20:38 -0500

thanx for all of the responses to my last question.  i have another
question, and the 240 list didn't help any.  my s14 has separate high and
low beams, the low beams being H4 which are dual filament.  the hid's that i
bought are the old style single filament  bulb.  so when i turn on the high
beam, the relay runs the current through another set of wires that tells the
H4 to turn on the high beam which the hid's don't have, so they turn off.
what i am thinking of doing is connecting the high beam wire to the low beam
wire with a connector.  so that when i turn on the high beam, the current
will still run through the high beam wire, but then also run to the low beam
and keep the hid's on when i do high beam.  does this sound ok.  i've run it
through in my head and can't see anything wrong with doing this.  i was
thinking of just adding a connector on the stock harness connecting the high
and low beams.  thanx for any suggestions or comments.

Enoch Chow
http://ewok.nissanpower.com