QR25DE Oil Consumption

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 13:52:57 -0500

Rick Frey wrote:

>If not, couldn't there be a vacuum in the cylinder when the piston is at
>the bottom of its stroke, w/ no burned gases and the exhaust valve opens to
>begin the exhaust stroke?

>I am still skeptical about this being the cause, but...

Probably something like that.  Good catch.

I just got some rundown on this.  With the cam timing control built into
the engine/ECU, it can created reversion that works in lieu of EGR.  Pretty
clever.

But, Mike has still stated that all the issues that have become an Internet
"fact" were actually corrected pre-production.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>