H3 Fog Lamp Bulb

Maurice Hilarius maurice@harddata.com
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 22:22:36 -0500

>Subject: H3 Fog Lamp Bulb
>Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 05:32:12 -0500

>Good Morning all,
>I have come upon a problem which I do not know what is going on.  Here is the
>situation: I purchased replacement H3 fog lamp bulbs for my '02 Sentra Se-R
>Spec V and upon installation niether bulb worked, however, the bulbs in the
>fogs right now are stock and are H3.  the new bulbs I bought are H3 12v100w
>and the seller asked me if my bulb was H3 now or if I need a different size
>bulb. I know I need H3 but is there a problem if I try to install a higher
>watt bulb into a stock fog lamp or is it just a coincidence that both bulbs
>do not work. Maybe someone can help me out. Thanks.

>Erik
>'02 Se-R Spec V

I had the dealer install PIAA H3 bulbs in my Spec V and also had them
reconnect the fog light switch to allow me to turn them on or off
independent of low beam/high beam settings.

I also asked them to adjust them for aim as they were originally pointed
ridiculously low.
Everything is now fine and I have had no problems.

One small note:
I have the fogs aimed slightly lower than the low beams. However if I drive
at night and leave them on, people high-beam me, indicating ( I guess) that
they put out a lot of glare.
As they ARE fog lights, I guess I should not be using them as driving
lights, so my fault..

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice@harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3

Ask me about the UP1500 Alpha - Full systems from $3,500!