QR25DE Oil Consumption

NX 2000 nx2ked@hotmail.com
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 02:06:12 -0500

I own an early model 2002 Spec V.
To start, search B15sentra.net, there is a wealth of info there on the Spec
V.
So far, I know there are a few guys on that board that have had their
motor's and various other parts replaced under warranty and I believe there
are a few that are not being covered by warranty.
My personal experience, 500 km's into the new motor and a check of the dip
showed I was way below the minimum mark, like no oil on the dip stick what
so ever.
And now at 16000 km's I can tell you I had less than 2.5 L of oil in the pan
and oil filter when I did my oil change.  I drove on that oil from 10,500
km's to 15,900 km's.
Then there's tranny problems.  I know of one for sure and maybe a second guy
had his tranny replaced under warranty.  There was one locally that had his
tranny rebuilt after 2000 km's and it was not under warranty.
My personal car is also a gas guzzler.  Car is rated at 8L/100 km's city and
6L/100 km's hwy but I get 12L/100 km's combined if I am lucky.
I'm also having front right brake rotor problems but the dealer says it is
normal.  We'll see when I get into an accident due to brake failure.
I have more issues about my car but have not heard much from other memebers
about these issues like the hoop prop rubbing the rad hose, car takes almost
10 secs for fuel to hit the engine when I start it up after having it off
for 2 hours or more.  Lots of little rattles, shitty tires, front windshield
fogs up like I have a broken heater core, to name a few.

Edwen