can't find the answer to a keyless remote question

Thomas Reynolds fthomasr@bellsouth.net
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 17:35:15 -0500

Dave wrote:
>One of the keyless remotes for my '95 G20 stopped working.

Even after replacing the battery? Maybe it got wet.

>If I buy a new one, will I need to program only the new one or will I need
>program both the old one and the new one.

No. You just program the new one in. It keeps up to 3-4 remote codes can't
remember the exact number but at least three.

>That is, does the programming of one remote clear all the codes so that you
have to >start from scratch.

Again no. It jumps bumps one out of memory if there are too many. All this
is in the FSM. You should try to pick up an FSM off eBay.

Good luck.

Thomas
'97 200SX SE-R
F-Max Stage II Turbo