Hotshot turbo kit, non se-r, just kibble

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 14:40:40 -0500

cowboydren@b15sentra.net wrote:

>Sorry about your hardships, George.  I didn't mean that as a personal
>attack, nor did I expect you to take it badly, which it seems you did.
>I'd rather have you tell me to check the archives than get a definitive
>answer from some other monkey.  Bruce is a good guy from all I've seen,
>too, and I didn't mean that as a personal attack on him, either.

Well thanks.  BTW, I only bring up my "hardships" to illustrate how little
time I really have to devote to this list, or probably more accurately, how
much time I spend that I shouldn't.

As for taking it personally, it seems I get dinged somewhat regularly
(although not in a while) for not giving complete answers, being too short
(answers, not height) etc.  Sometimes it's because I'm around a lot and like
to help.  I only ask that people accept that I have my own personal issues
that sometimes get in the way of the list and for folks to cut me a break.  I
know I'm a fixture around here.  I can't help it.  I don't spent the time I do
because of ego or anything like that.  I spend the time because I truly like
helping folks and I have learned an unbelievable amount here.  I figure it's
my duty and obligation to give back as much as I can.  I sometimes just cannot
give the effort that some folks want, or worse, expect.

So, my response was not out of any grudge.  Not at all.  But I've also found
some newbies to get a really wrong opinion of me from some things that get
said from time to time.  I just wanted to set the record straight that while I
am a fixture around here, I *do* have a life that at times excludes this
list.

>Please accept my apologies.

Heartily accepted.  No worries.

>> Mostly I give people pretty good answers I think, and when I have the
>> time, I even do hold some folks' hands.

>You do, and it's appreciated.  Please don't stop because the rest of us
>in the Peanut Gallery seem like needy little ingrates.

Bah, don't worry about that.

I'll keep answering questions when I can.  I just don't have the time I used
to for this.  When I say I feel it's an obligation to give back, I sincerely
mean it.  I just might give short, semi-complete answers from time to time if
I think someone has the resources to figure out the rest. :-)

George