Hotshot turbo kit, non se-r, just kibble

cowboydren@b15sentra.net cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 13:32:19 -0500

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 11:15:34AM -0500, geo3@earthlink.net wrote:

> Don't tell me none of those has anything someone looking at the Hotshot kit
> would be interested in.

Actually, most of them are, "How do I get more information on the Hot
Shot Turbo Kit?"  I've read them.  Now if you know that Dr. Lew had one,
and you know how to spell his name correctly, you may get a few more
useful hits, though not many.  Again, I'm speaking from experience.  I
don't know why a question I asked about oil filters in September isn't
in the archives, either, but I remember asking it before Larry installed
the new software, so it should be there, but it isn't.

> Hey Jon, bite me.  I don't have time to do the research for you.  On my plate
> at the moment is:

Sorry about your hardships, George.  I didn't mean that as a personal
attack, nor did I expect you to take it badly, which it seems you did.
I'd rather have you tell me to check the archives than get a definitive
answer from some other monkey.  Bruce is a good guy from all I've seen,
too, and I didn't mean that as a personal attack on him, either.

I'm new.  I didn't read messages the first time 'round, and I don't know
what patterns to look for to find them.  I respect the fact that you
can't help more, and I also respect the fact that maybe you don't feel
like it sometimes.  It's just a little weird to be told what to do and
given no inkling on how to do it or even if it will work.  Please accept
my apologies.

> Lastly, I think I *do* lead by example.  I've occasionally asked questions
> that were covered in the archives, but it's rare.

Yes, you do, on both counts.  I appreciate the former and don't hold the
latter against you or anyone else who does the same.  That's just how
grown-ups do things.

> I've been dinged for it and apologized to everyone for wasting people's
> time.

I just think it's funny, as in mostly strange but also mildly humorous.
I promise not to make a big deal out of it.

> Mostly I give people pretty good answers I think, and when I have the
> time, I even do hold some folks' hands.

You do, and it's appreciated.  Please don't stop because the rest of us
in the Peanut Gallery seem like needy little ingrates.

--
-=|JP|=-               Good, Fast, Cheap; Pick any Two.

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.cardomain.com/id/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net        |