SCC=Idiots?

Alex Samardzich rwd_sr20det@importnut.net
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 17:13:37 -0500

>:Personally, I think SCC has better tech writing than
>:GRM any day, most of it is found in the back, the
>:stuff no one reads, especially the long boring stuff
>:written by some guy named killjime or something like
>:that.

I finally got to check out a GRM and quite frankly, I'm finding SCC to
be ahead of the rest as far as technical writings.  Now, I think Mike is
tooting his own horn here :)  JK

SCC used to be about fluff.  Body kits and other worthless stuff. There
was a time when I was going to cancel.  About that time, "suck, squish,
bang, blow" started.  (not trying to butter up to mike, just the truth
:D) I started to really read the articles.  Now, I can't wait to get the
next SCC.  Real technical articles, swaps (although I'm a honda guy,
they are getting a little out of hand with the honda swaps), and fun
stuff.

I remembered reading about project pontihack in a hotrod mag or
something of that nature.  Basically, they started with a '78 grand prix
and did the same thing that SCC did with the sentra.  I was quite amused
but perplexed at the same time.  Who gave them the car?  That's what I
was curious about.  I could care less that they did it, I couldn't
imagine who would let them do that (now I know it's a preproduction
car).

>:Seriously, SCC's tech is better than almost any car
>:magazine out there if you bother to read it.  Most of
>:it is beyond the attention span of those raised in the
>:sound byte generation.

SCC is good stuff.  They've walked away from the fluff and started
printing info worth reading.  Kudos!

-Alex

-'95 Civic GSR Coupe
-'95 240SX SE <= in many pieces!