knock knock knock

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 23:16:24 -0500

Well, since I was going to put my car up on jack stands today, I decided to
also look at the ball joints. Did a wheel test from information I had found
doing a search and neither of the front tires so much as moved. No leakage,
seapage or tears in the area, either. Both CV joints have been replaced in
the past... car only has 56k on it, I'll have to go back through the
previous owners paperwork and see when it was done. So maybe it is just the
swaybar end link bushings and not the balljoints.

I was really hoping that I'd get a break from some of the spine cracking
labor I've been doing since I bought the car. At some point, I was planning
on ordering the ES bushings set. If I'm going to do those replacements,
would it make sense to go ahead and replace the ball joints at the same time
just to be safe?

Oh yeah, had the car up on jack stands in order to put the last motor mount
in...back(drivers) side mount. Why couldn't the rest of them have been that
easy? Also replaced my transmission fluid with Motul Gear 300... stripped
the outside of the filler plug while I was doing it. I guess I'll be under
the car again, soon, in order to put a new plug in.

Have to adjust the clutch cable tomorrow. Even with the Motul in there, gear
engagement just doesn't feel as smooth as it could be.

Later,
Mark

PS. Hope it's not the friggin clutch!