Shiner Bock and Ye Olde Fogeys

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 17:54:39 -0500

Hmmm... my dad was always stationed over seas, and of course, we went with
him. Don't remember much about any Duck and Cover stuff. But, if you've
never been through an extensive air raid siren going off at 2 AM, you
haven't lived. Got to the point where you could almost go back to sleep even
when it was going a full blast. Then there were the base and housing
community lock downs... every body inside, lights out and off the streets,
much fun!

As I got older, I always wondered why we were THERE... most of the host
country's citizens really, really didn't like Americans. Or maybe it was
because the Military Base made such a good target and they wanted us out
because of that.

Good memories... I'll drink a beer to them, just none of that watery Shiner
Bock.

Later,
Mark