Shiner Bock and Ye Olde Fogeys

LDMartin LDMartin" <LDMartin@email.msn.com
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 17:28:54 -0500

> So did mine, but I knew, even at age 7, that it was for nuculer attacks
and that
> would be THE END OF THE WORLD.

SE-R content:
(also with raised hand while driving SE-R quickly away from anything
remotely resembling mushroom.  Worked at SAC HQ command post underground
1971-1975. Target on chest finally fading.)

And OT:
I've often wondered if that constant knowledge of overnight annihilation
wasn't *the* major change factor for the generation that grew up during that
time.  The "live for today for tomorrow we die" syndrome, and how that
contributed to a general decline in the values that Americans lived with up
until the Eisenhower era.  I know that many other changes contributed too
but do continue to wonder about the macro effect of all that fear, real and
imagined.

Larry Martin