enclosed K&N, gain of 3 HP

Lewis Shadoff lshadoff@brazosport.cc.tx.us
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 17:18:45 -0500

Not on my car.  I posted the message below on 10/7/00

"I measured the under-hood temperature of my car using an OBD_II to PC
system to monitor the intake air temperature sensor located just in front
of the MAF.  At an ambient temperature of 88 deg.F, the under-hood
temperature in my car is about 100 deg. F on the highway, and 110 deg.F at
a standstill.  Under full  acceleration the temperature immediately pops up
to 125 deg.F."

You can see it at:

http://www.brazosport.cc.tx.us/~lshadoff/obd2/

At 12:48 PM 6/12/02, Chris Beaudry wrote:
>When the car is running, even if the engine is hot, air goes through the
>engine bay, making it close to ambient temps. Problem is with heatsoak or
>stopped at a red light, etc...

Lewis Shadoff
Lake Jackson, TX
'97 200SX SE-R, Level 10 Auto, HotShot turbo
http://www.brazosport.cc.tx.us/~lshadoff/turbo/