Volk vs SSR

Bruce_Hearn@cd-tech.com Bruce_Hearn@cd-tech.com
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:19:17 -0500

The Jezmeister wrote:
>I'm looking at 15x6.5 [SSR Competition] wheels with 205/50-15 Potenza Pole
Position SO3s for my SE-R.

I bought 15x7 SSR Comp wheels with the same tires.  Great choice.

Christopher wrote:
>Only thing is that our axle in the front stick too far out the hub and the caps
do not fit.

SSR now offers a plastic version that fits over the SE-R hubs.  It isn't the
quality of the beautiful aluminum casting but it works and looks okay.  Make
sure to ask for them when you order, no extra charge.

The 15x7 wheel comes only in a deep 42mm offset; I had to buy 1/4" spacers for
the rear wheels to clear the wide-body AGX struts.  The front wheels fit fine
over AD22VF brakes.

Too freaking bad SCCA doesn't allow 15" wheels for the Sentra in IT.  $1,200
wheels I can't use.

Bruce in Houston
'02 Dodge Dakota
'98 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
'94 Nissan Sentra SE-R race car (in progress)