NX rear wiper removal

Tim Rogers timrogers@charter.net
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:47:14 -0500

"Jonathan Mistchenko" <rokhound@onemain.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know how to get the rear wiper arm and motor/transmission out of
> an NX?  I can't figure out how to get the arm disconnected from the housing
> inside the car, and the hole in the hatch is too small to pull either side
> through.  Do I need to disassemble the "transmission" part to pull the arm
> off?  TIA

Unless I am missing something, here is what you need to do:
>From outside of the car, pull up on the plastic cover at the base of the wiper
arm to expose the nut on top of the rotating shaft.  Remove the nut and the
wiper arm should come off with a little bit of wiggling and gentle prying.
Then from inside the hatch, remove the entire large plastic panel that covers
the entire underside of the rearmost end of the hatch.  From there, the motor
and transmission should just unbolt and come right out.

Tim Rogers
-'93 NX2000 T-top
-'91 NX2000 SCCA ITS racer-to-be
-'75 Silverado tow vehicle