Weak brakes, need help

Arlyn Strano arlyn@stranoparts.com
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 09:48:51 -0500

>    Sometime what can cause
>what you describe is a internal leak in the master cylinder.  So you master
>can be bad without loosing brake fluid.

If you are working by yourself, the easiest way to isolate brake problems
is with 4 pairs of vice grips.
Clamp the rubber lines outside each wheel...gently, not to damage the line.
The step on the brake pedal.  If the pedal travels when pressure is exerted
than you can be almost positive the master is the bad boy.  If the pedal is
firm, the master cylinder is good.
Releasing each vice grip in turn and stepping on the pedal is the best way
to check before going out and buying new parts.

Arlyn

arlyn@stranoparts.com
         STRANO PERFORMANCE PARTS                   800/729-1831
                                 visit our website and sign up for a chance
to win a $25 gift certificate   www.stranoparts.com
                                                                 Celebrating
our 32nd Anniversary