FSM

Chris Scarpulla sr20de@optonline.net
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 21:02:51 -0500

From: "hlava" <lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com>

> Well, I couldn't wait. I ordered a factory service manual for my '91
SE-R.
> It cost me $70, but I figured it would be worth it.

Hmm, not a bad price. And I thought I did ok getting a used one for $50.
Are you in Canada by any chance, there's a fellow on the Forum who's from
Canada, and he bought his new FSM cheaply also.

> But, it doesn't have the one piece of information I wanted. I wanted a
more
> detailed description with pictures and whatnot about how to replace the
> motor mounts and/or use the inserts. Sure, they show 3 out of the 4
mounts
> but nothing about how to do the replacement. I went through this thing
with
> a fine tooth comb. Seriously disappointed about this.

Well, you have to keep in mind its intended audience is someone with an
understanding of basic (or higher) mechanical skills. Please don't take
that as a slam, I don't mean it as such. Anyway, have you crawled under
your car and actually looked at the motor mounts? They are very simple to
replace. Just a few bolts for each one. Support the engine by putting a
block of wood under the oil pan (make sure it's wider than the pan so you
don't crush it), and you can change the mounts one at a time. I haven't
read Ricks page in a while, but his write-ups are generally top notch, so I
won't try and come up with directions here. Really though, don't stress so
much on this, they're not hard to do.

Cheers,
Chris