Header scraping noise

Brax Sisco xenex@chpl.net
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 15:43:39 -0500

My header was making a scraping noise when turning, and I tracked down
the problem.  It was (from the header install notes on se-r.net):

> 6. Bolted to the top of the big engine / transmission support beam is a
> hunk of iron with flexible rubber bits at each end. Each end also has tabs
> that stick out to each side. One of the tabs was touching the flex joint on
> the new secondary.......

I just completely removed this piece instead of grinding down the tabs.
Does anyone know what this thing is, and is there any reason I should
grind it down and put it back?  It seems like all it does is add weight,
who knows...

Brax Sisco
'97 200sx SE-R w/ stuff bolted on.

[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus Scan]