ABS in 93 Classic Gone Whacko ???

Mohammad J. Baig vt_mughal@yahoo.com
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 00:06:33 -0500

OK, the list webiste seems to be down, so Ill pose
this here.

My 93's ABS engages when it isnt supposed to.  Ill be
cruising down the road and Ill try to come to a smooth
stop, and all of a sudden....the pedal pulsates and
you can hear the ABS motor running.  ITs gotten so bad
that sometimes the motor will start to run when my
foot is nowhere near the brake pedal.  Another thing i
have noticed is that when I put the car into first and
get going the motor will turn for a second or two, and
sometimes the ABS light will come on.  This specific
problem happens when I have just started the car.

Perhaps one of the sensors on the wheels that detect
motion (or lack there of) have gone bad.  Where are
the sensors located BTW.  IIRC this problem started
when I had my clutch done and the axle seals replaced.

Does my classic have 4 wheel or 2 wheel ABS ?

Lastly, is there is a fuse I can pull to completly
disable ABS temporarily ?  If so which one is it ?  I
dont have the owners manual.

TIA

Mohammad