Motor Mounts

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 31 May 2002 21:15:11 -0500

Well, the research and thought process is over... what, you didn't notice
the burning smell?

Big thanks to everyone for the feedback.

Especially George on this mailing list and Andreas Miko over on the sr20de
forum. Two pros who weighed in with the exact same advice.

I'm damned thrilled that 2 of the best known and experienced car guys took
the time to reply to my questions, give thoughtful feedback and let me
"borrow" some of their experience.

The answer to the problem: "What motor mounts to use?", is: Energy
Suspension for the high torque requirements(dogbone and firewall) and OEM
for the others. This will give me the torque that I want to put on the
ground w/o the constant/harsh vibration and buzzing that seems to be so
prevalent.

Gonna have to order the different mounts, but I'm excited as spit to finally
be getting somewhere. Will also go ahead and change all the bushings(Energy
Suspension, eh?), since I'll be under there anyway. And again, since I'll be
under there, will also do the shifter bushings and change the gear fluid to
Redline or Motul... which ever is the easiest to locate. They're both
supposed to be good.

Much Kudos to George(I'd use the word "props"... but I'm too damn old and
I'm not sure what it means).

I'm going to schedule and plan this out in detail, hoping to take pictures
and write a synopsis of the event(s) and detailing the problems/solutions I
run into. This way, when other new owners start the same project, they'll
have just a bit information to help them.

I'll be back... more questions, of course!

Thanks,
Mark