MAF nightmare RD 457,832 (well, more like 8 or 10, but you all know what I mean)

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Fri, 31 May 2002 12:20:12 -0500

Further testing of the MAF itself reveals that there's continuity
between all three connections, terminals B, C, and D, in any combination
with the harness connector disconnected.

Is this normal?  Can someone use a simple voltmeter and check theirs?

I also checked for continuity between the wires on the harness
connector, none whatsoever - it appears there's no short there.

Lastly, I just rechecked voltages, of course all this testing is with my
new couple of ground wires completely removed - ground lead of meter
wedged into the battery groung post.  On the hot wire, terminal B, I get
battery voltage, 12.06 now, since I've run it down a little.  On the
ground wire, terminal C, I get +10.86.  On the other wire, terminal D, I
get 10.28.

>From this, I could say that the problem has been definitively isolated
away from the harness, and point to the MAF, the positive 10.86 on the
ground wire when the harness connector's plugged in, seems to point to
that, I thought it was supposed to be only a few mv.  This is with the
ignition in the on position, car not running.

What else can I do?

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.