yup,bust fuel pressure regulator

spdracer@mail.utexas.edu spdracer@mail.utexas.edu
Fri, 31 May 2002 10:55:37 -0500

So I got my fuel pressure regulator changed and all is good now.  Previously,
the car had been pumping out smoke at idle, when on boost, getting crappy gas
mileage (12mpg), and super sooty plugs.  Changed out the regulator,
disconnected the battery for a while, and went and romped on it a bit later.
There was no more smoke from what I could tell but the tell tale sign was that
the plugs were finally back to being nice and normal, no more soot!  I did
ditch those plugs as they've been fouled for a very long time and put in some
bkr6e's for now just to make sure the car is in proper running order before I
toss in another set of platinums.

Khiem