MAF nightmare rd 6ish

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Fri, 31 May 2002 10:01:33 -0500

Okay,

I've checked the ECU codes, and I get a 12, which is abnormal MAF
voltage, either the harness connector (which has been messed with) -
should I just swap it out, or is it the MAF itself?

Dealer says I can't get the harness connector/pins.  He claims there's
harness connector repair kits, but wasn't sure which one was applicable,
and finally - gave up, not finding anything.

Question #2, if I need an MAF, what should I put in, the stock one, or
something a little different, on my otherwise unmodified sr20de.

I know upgraded ones are a popular turbo upgrade, but I don't know for
NA, at this point, I'm probably looking for a CHEAP one.

Lastly, I still need to know how to definitively know if it's the MAF or
just the wiring and how to recreate the wiring if I have to, and make
sure I don't need that $488 (at the stealership) part.

Thanks.

--
Peter Serwe <peter@easytree.net>
Cheaper, Faster, Better, pick any two.