Dawes Device

jon dossey jon_3000gt@hotmail.com
Fri, 31 May 2002 09:34:13 -0500

Another advantage I see here, is that it will adjust the wastegate cracking
point.  Normally, if the wastegate is set at, say, 10psi, it may begin
opening as early as 6 or 7 psi (lets say, for the sake of discussion, those
numbers are dependant on plenty of other factors) and bleed off *some* boost
until the wastegate fully opens, totally bypassing the turbine.  In theory,
this would allow the turbo to spool up faster, because it wouldn't see *ANY*
boost until it popped the FDMBC.

.jon
93 SER + n2o