NOT SER related(95 ford truck with 5.0 conversion question)

Koerner, Ray RKoerner@Microcoating.com
Fri, 31 May 2002 09:11:09 -0500

Hello all,

I am in desparate need of advice on my late Uncle's creation. Does anyone
know of a good custom ford club, or cobra 5.0 club that
I can talk to? I have this truck which I have been working on and I am
pretty close to getting it running. The only 2 problems left are
finding the correct Torque converter(as the one is there is a drag version
and not working properly), and battery drainage. A brand new battery
will drain within 2 days of the truck sitting there off. This is a 95 step
side ford truck with a 5.0 engine, cobra block with gt40 heads(so I am
told), racing chip(on toggle switch), too much stereo equipment to list), 2
batteries, heavy duty altenator, fiberglass hood, custom side skirts, shaved
tailgate, dual exhaust(exits on sides). He also
built a whole panel setup for the bed to make it carpeted. I am not sure how
to trace a leaking battery thru the system. I am also not sure how to figure
out what
torque converter is needed for this truck, it was dynoed at 387 hp so I was
told. My uncle was a great guy, and won many contests with this truck, he
was
dedicated to the import and truck series, and only had one rule for his auto
club,  if you can't do it yourself, then don't do it at all(except for
bodywork).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you guys,

Ray