Fuel Pump info

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 31 May 2002 07:03:12 -0500

Mike Jez wrote:

>enlighten me, why do you ground yourself while working ona a fuel pump ?

To dissipate any static electricity.  Any arc could be disasterous.

>Ive done hundreds of these on Audis, and plenty more on Isuzus and Subarus
>and never ever wore any ground strap of any kind.

And you could probably do hundreds more w/o a problem.

I could probably race a hundred races w/o Nomex or even belts w/o a problem.

>Also Latex glowes disolve in gasoline- they swell up and let go....just
>dig in there with your hands :)

Yeah, I did have to replace them a few times.  They didn't just
disintegrate though.  I was actually more worried about the residue of the
powder the coat them with getting in the tank.

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>