Dawes Device

Derrick Stikeleather dstikeleather@bellsouth.net
Fri, 31 May 2002 06:47:45 -0500

Ummm...  I'm pretty sure that the operation you are describing is that of
the Dawes Device.  Doesn't it vent off some of the pressure, therefore
creating a pressure drop?  If your running at 10psi, your wastegate actuator
would see 6 psi, because your bleeding off 4 psi of pressure.

The FDMBC is just a like a blow off/bypass valve that is inline with the
actuator.  At a certain pressure, it opens.

That's a good point about the pressure build up due to the FDMBC.  I've
never heard anyone mention that before, and I didn't think of that myself.

Later,
Derrick Stikeleather
87 Conquest TSi.