Motor Mounts

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Thu, 30 May 2002 22:37:52 -0500

hlava wrote:

>I'll eventually get it done, but if you're right about NAPA, I'm probably
>going to have to order everything for the mounts. Sears said they could do
>it for me(I can hear Jinny start to scream now), but the most I'd trust
>them to do is fix a flat tire.

Absolutely forget Sears.

Their automotive service departments have been in big trouble with the
feds, not once, but twice.  I'm surprised they are still in business.

>Hopefully, I can find the shifter bushings locally.

Or call Courtesy Nissan.  (800) 527-1909

>$99 for the jack/jack stands? Maybe if I wait for a sale... nah.

Hehe.  Or, you could go to Harbor Freight if you have one.  The Sears jack
is probably made in the same factory.  Only advantage of Sears is they are
everywhere and you shouldn't have any troubles if you have any warranty issues.

>That'd just be $20 that I'd end up spending on beer anyway.

Hey, don't waste beer money.  What's the matter with you?  Oh, perhaps
you've never had Shiner Bock. :-)

>The jack at Sears has the one touch rise.

That's cool.

>I think I'll go for the 3 ton... just in case you show up.

Hehe.

>What do you think of a combo of using JWT for some of the mounts and the
>ES inserts for the others?

I'd use the ES for the dogbone and at the firewall and stock otherwise.

>I need a friggin shop manual.

eBay

I got a virtually brand new B13 manual on eBay that came form Subaru USA's
library.  I think I paid less than $35. <VBG>

>Too effin bad they're aren't any decent places around the Tampa Bay area
>for SE-R parts... unless you're into ghetto upgrades... I'm not.

Orlando has a good shop.  Anybody know the name of Jason Duty's shop?  Is
it still Absolute Auto?  Anyway, Jason is an SE-R owner and a really good guy.

>"Yes ma'am, that is a torque wrench in my pocket. Yes ma'am it is the big
>one, but it only fits on tiny nuts."

Ain't goin' there. :-)

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>