Smog Failure (how to pass smog)

Matt MA MA@legacypartners.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 11:34:05 -0500

OK, for those who don't know how to trap air in hoses, at the very least you
can make sure that your engine is very hot. Catalytic converters need to be
hot in order to work properly. If you can, keep your engine running when you
arrive at the auto shop, while you wait for them to get the test equipment
ready. This may not work if the CA test-only centers make you shut off the
engine in order to do a "cold start" test.

Has anyone tried those special smog test additives? I've seen them come
in little pills that I assume you stick in your gas tank. Do they work? Any
bad
side effects?

matt ma . 92 SE-R