motor mounts

KIERAN A. LAVIN kal8121@oak.njit.edu
Thu, 30 May 2002 06:38:10 -0500

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Louis LaPrad wrote:

> But they were "friends" now weren't they?

Yup, so they were totally honest with me!

> Seriously, though, the ES ones are more than adequate for me *I think*
> unless I drive someone elses car with JWT or PR ones and I gotta have em.

They should be fine for just about any average Joe that's driving around
and has a daily commute... for a racecar, it's a whole different story

> I just would rather not have added vibration to (hypothetically) cause more
> loose creaks and rattles in the cockpit. I want my car to stave of any new
> car cravings (i.e. tightness, NVH), it being paid off.

Well, I think any of the mounts out there now shouldn't give you
unbearable vibrations.  I had a bad experience with some slightly used
(but not broken in!) *OLD* PR mounts... everyone's heard that story before
but bottom line is that they shook the whole front end loose!

kieran