did your state make the list?

Wayne Cox wmc20@dnaco.net
Wed, 29 May 2002 13:32:44 -0500

At 01:05 PM 5/29/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm by no way encouraging speeding...just thought i would pass this along.
>http://money.cnn.com/2002/05/22/news/q_speed_cost/index.htm

Sounds a little fishy to me.  The top 5 on the list also happen to be
(roughly) the 5 largest states population wise.  Statistics can be very
misleading.   That sounds like it's just a raw count of number of tickets.

#1 Ohio has a large population in a small state, and is criss-crossed by
several of the biggest border to border interstates in the country.  As a
former resident that used to live at the junction of I-70 and I-75, I can
tell ya' there are a hell of a lot more people and trucking going through
than, say, Montana.

It would be more accurate to rate the tickets / miles driven or tickets /
population ratio or something.

   -Wayne Cox     lots o' SR20s