Replace Motor Mounts or use Inserts?

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Tue, 28 May 2002 08:15:17 -0500

Louis LaPrad wrote:

> For daily driving, the inserts are great especially with worn or
> broken mounts. Barely any added vibration and mucho less engine lash.

See my previous post.  On broken mounts they help some but not as
much on mounts that are good.

> Mount replacements are usually used by the auto-xr's and drag freaks.
> They're overkill for a daily driver, IMHO.

I wouldn't say that I would do it for the throttle response and
the smoother shifts alone!  Again my opinion too.

> The torque set includes the mount in front of the engine bay and
> in back of the engine bay.

Or what is technically the LH side of the motor and the RH side of
the motor.  Most also refer to them as the Dogbone and the
firewall mount.

> The passenger side is the liquid mount, and that is the one
> you wont touch anyway.

If you do all 4 you will.  FYI they are called the front and
rear mounts.  Or the passenger side and tranny mount.  The passenger
side one adds the most vibration to the car.  Hence why its liquid
filled to start with.

RK