Replace Motor Mounts or use Inserts?

hlava lhlvava@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 27 May 2002 21:47:50 -0500

I've seen a lot of different and excellent information from doing an
archive/site search on this subject.

While there was plenty of information about how to know when to replace
them, there wasn't as much information as how to replace them.

I'm also curious as to when or why you should use inserts. I've spoken with
Brian Kiser on a number of occasions, and he's used the inserts(Energy
Suspension). Is there any reason or preference to do one over the other? I
also understand that one of the mounts is liquid filled. How would you use
an insert on this?

I've obviously never done this before and even though I'm not a qualified
garage rat like most of you seem to be, I'm not unwilling or unable to work
on a car. I follow directions pretty well, especially if there are some "Dr.
Seuss" type photos or drawings. Things tend to sink in better when I have a
visual idea about what I'm doing.

And of course I've got even more questions about this subject, but the above
will be a nice start.

Thanks for your time and consideration,
Mark