Jack upgrade??

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Mon, 27 May 2002 09:52:53 -0500

Yep, jack upgrade.

Now that I have secured one for both of my cars, I thought I'd share this
with everyone else.  I've stumbled upon an upgrade of sorts.  Turns out the
Porsche 944 comes with an aluminum jack (about half the weight of the
Nissan jack).  Not only that, but the handle has a knob on the end with an
offset for easy turning like a bit and brace (if any of you know what that
is).  It fits in the B13/P10 jack location just fine.  The only trick is
you have to get an early one.  It has a notch that fits the rocker like the
stock jack.  The later models have a little "nipple" on it that fits a hole
in the frame rail and that won't work with our cars.

Here is an auction I just won with a picture if my description doesn't make
any sense.

<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1830580049&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1022509966&indexURL=0&rd=1>

George Roffe
Houston, TX
91 SE-R (well modded)
91 G20 turbo (well modded)
84 944 SCCA ITS race car under construction
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>