knock detection

Stewart, Joe (COX-Atlanta) Joe.Stewart@cox.com
Fri, 24 May 2002 09:20:54 -0500

>Octane requirement goes down as rpm goes up, so an N/A motor would probably
>never experience detonation above 4500 rpm.

I'm specifically talking turbo here. Using the NA stuff for turbo is where I'm
questioning things.

>Joe, are you sure the knock sensor is ignored WOT?  At low rpm, that's when
it's
>needed most.

That is what Mike says about it, and has said multiple times. I'm taking him
at his word. :)

I'm just thinking that a fairly large turbo on the street is going to get
going really good about 4-5K, and with any sort of boost spike there, you
would want knock being monitored somehow, especially when running pump gas +
naws.

-Jay