Got Spare Tires?

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 24 May 2002 08:54:44 -0500

Lewis Shadoff <lshadoff@brazosport.cc.tx.us> wrote:

>If you have a flat, you should ALWAYS put the spare on a rear wheel.  Since
>the spare is a smaller diameter than the normal tires, having it on the
>front will cause the differential to work hard creating heat and wear.

Not to mention you don't want to stress that little tire that much.  Remember
that with a FWD car the front tires handle the lion's share of the braking and
turning forces as well as the accelerative forces.  Not a chance in hell I'd
trust one of those little things on the front of a FWD car.

George Roffe