Please Help: Weird problem with car

Bruce Jackson bjackson@pobox.com
Thu, 23 May 2002 15:58:56 -0500

The problem has been fixed.  You are not going to believe what the
"problem" turned out to be.  So far all guesses were incorrect, but that
does not surprise me when I figured out the issue.  I have a inexpensive
K&N filter knock off that has a inverted cone on the inside.  Well guess
what, the metal cap on the inverted cone came off and was blocking the
air entering the MAF.  This would only happen once the RPM's increased
enough to suck the cap up and into the MAF blocking the air flow.  It
would not happen at any specific RPM, nor would the symptoms be the
same.  The ECU did not throw a code, so that is what made it more
difficult to determine the cause.

To all those that replied, Thank you.

Bruce Jackson
92 NX2000 with DET -- now running perfect again
99 G20t