The Nylon tubing 'solution'

Justin B fatnakedmidgets@hotmail.com
Wed, 22 May 2002 15:55:21 -0500

Hello all,

I was just thinking about the 1/8" nylon tubing 'solution' for remotely
locating your oil pressure sensors.

When I first looked at it I thought it was kind of silly, now I'm thinking
it's probably not a good idea at all. Oil can get relatively hot and run at
high pressures. I doubt standard plastic tubing is rated to withstand
either.

I agress completely with relocating the sensors just as one less thing to
worry about, but this is not the way to go. Make sure you use tubing
designed to handle this application. AFAIK, that tubing is meant for water
or air... at relatively low temperatures.

-Justin