SR20DE Documentation

Bruce_Hearn@cd-tech.com Bruce_Hearn@cd-tech.com
Tue, 21 May 2002 17:08:41 -0500

>>You will need at minimum the FSM for both vehicles.

>FWIW, I wouldn't even admit to any swap.

I personally wouldn't feel the need since the two engines ARE identical.  The
above is what is specified in the GCR.

>So, I'd disavow any knowledge of any swap and simply say the guy is insane.

As long as the numbers stamped into the block don't indicate the car in which it
was installed, there's no way to prove it.

>The bottom line is, if they guy wants you torn down,
>regardless of whether the engine is legal or not,
>it's going to be torn down.

Ah, but the protestor must post a bond to cover the expense of it all.

>Or, you just refuse and be disqualified.
>No one can *make* you allow them to tear it down.

What does that gain you?  Only a bad rep and the possiblilty of being kicked out
of SCCA.  If it were me, I'd make the guy pay for being a fool.  The GCR also
mentions punishment for vexatious and frivilous protests.

>I must say this whole situation is the height of weenieness.

I heartily agree with you on this point!

BiH