Procedure for Filling tranny through speedo cable

Mike Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Sun, 19 May 2002 13:16:51 -0500

To fill it up through the hole U need to unscrew the 10mm bolt out and take
the speedo gear out completly. Pour in about 4.5 qts of fluid of your choice
in here. I run GM lsd fluid for Corvettes in my SE-R and have no problem its
15 bux a qt but thats my choice- working for a dealer has its good sides.
Thats all there is to it. I hardly doubt Redline, Motul and Royal Purple has
any benefits over any kind of fluid...U just think it feels better cause U
just spend about 60 bux on fluids. My tranny has 130K miles on OE fluid in
it and shit I can't tell a diff by pouring in some expensive 60 dollar fluid
in there.
Mike Jez
93 SE-R
01 Max