Nismo 1.5-way LSD info

Mike Jez 93SER@attbi.com
Sat, 18 May 2002 01:07:21 -0500

> Damn.  What're the odds of putting a NISMO diff and an SR bell/clutch on
> one of *those* puppies, then, instead of lugging around that big Max
> transmission? ;)

Why ??? I hardly doubt anyone is going to soo serious to be doing anything
that skill involved on their brand spanking new car ? I highly doubt U can
mate the Max tranny with a SR housing I have both of these suckers sitting
at work, 95 MAX tranny and 93 SE-R tranny - spares, and U can't mate the 2
togheter...I don't think the input shaft is going to match up, one on the
Max is bigger than the SR one. If U going to be going to such xtremes why
not just swap in a SR20 and a tranny into a new SE-R ? Seeing how the engine
is weaker than the tranny in the 1st place. Open deck design, fragile
internals... Give me a SR20. Throw 400HP at a stock engine and it will
laugh, throw 400HP at a QR and U will have what I got...bunch of fucked up
engines laying around.
Mike Jez
93 SE-R JDM at heart
01 Maxima one fast motha....13s baby ! 2 child safety seats on board and no
gutting.