Quaife

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Fri, 17 May 2002 11:26:22 -0500

The standard LSD uses a silicone fluid that expands
when heated to apply the clutches when the wheels spin
opposite of each other the fluid also has thixotropic
properties that help divide the forces when the fluid
is in shear.  It is only a mild limited slip.

The Nismo 1.5 way mechanical diff is very different
from the stock, the previous Nismo and the Quaife
diff. I think the Kaaz is a conventional type LSD that
uses srpring washers to apply a given load to the
clutch packs, not the best for FWD as it tends to make
the car push.  Not 100% sure though.

Mike