P10 radiator

geo3@earthlink.net geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 17 May 2002 09:17:05 -0500

Stewart, Joe (COX-Atlanta) Joe.Stewart@cox.com wrote:

>Turns out that even though the B13 radiator looks identical, and is in
>almost every way, the height is different by about 3/4".  If you made some
>spacers for the bottom then you could get it to work, but that's still
>sort of rigged.

>So basically a P10/B13 radiator swap is not a bolt in, easy thing.

It might be. :-)

I too noticed that the P10 radiator was taller and went away dejected.
Well....  at the Texas Rally last month I was looking under the hood of an NX
and noticed that the upper radiator brackets are different from those on a
Sentra.  They have a bend in them, ducking them down below the height of the
core support.  I stuck that info in the back of my head to check out some day
and it looks like you get to do this today. :-)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if you can use a B13 radiator in a P10 if you
use the upper radiator brackets from an NX.  No guarantees, but if you have
the XN brackets floating around or can borrow a couple to test this out,
you're in. <VBG>

George Roffe